DONATE - camp matters
10 Things You Probably Did at Camp
1. Learned how to have a quiet time.
2. Had a romantic relationship that began at the midweek bonfire and ended approximately 2 days after you got home.
3. Made a significant spiritual decision.
4. Slept with a water gun under your pillow...just in case.
5. Made new friendships and deepened existing ones.
6. Played a game that involved shaving cream and/or sardines.
7. Cried and hugged everyone after the last night of worship, because you were tired and also because that's what happens when we really let God speak to us.
8. Two words: Atomic Fireballs.
9. Grew in your faith.
10. Said you couldn't wait to go back next year.
Camp memories are unique aren't they? Something special happens when we step away from the distractions of daily life to be reminded who we are and who we want to be.
Whether it's summer camp, a weekend retreat for women, a father-son overnighter, a planning retreat for business, a church staff get-a-way, or a team-building experience for a college service organization, when we get away we get closer - closer to each other, and closer to God.
We know that it is a wonderfully special and unique opportunity we have here at Lakeview Camp and Retreat Center. Through camp and retreat ministry, we:
- Help individuals relax, refocus, and recreate.
- Provide a setting where people come to meet with God.
- Equip organizations, athletic teams, and businesses with the means to promote unity, solve problems, and cast new vision.
- Offer a place for ministers and church staffs to get away to pray, reflect, and plan.
- Give student ministers a wide variety of unique activities through which to engage teenagers for the sake of the gospel and unity of the church.
- Minister to numerous other gender and age-specific groups by providing quality accommodations and facilities in a place that exemplifies the beauty of creation.
- Partner with educators to engage students in high-energy, hands-on learning experiences through outdoor education programming.
With your help, we can do more. Guest fees provide for the operational needs in our budget. Major improvements and capital expenses, however, are accomplished as individuals and churches support Lakeview financially. In other words, with your help, camp can matter even more.
Ways you can show that camp matters:
STAY INFORMED. Subscribe to the Lakeview Current, like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, and visit this page often to learn about current projects and future goals.
For donations by mail, send payment to:
Lakeview Camp and Retreat Center, camp matters
5128 FM 66
Waxahachie, TX 75167
*For those wishing to sponsor a room or other specific renovation/addition, please contact our director, Jaroy Carpenter.
PRAY. Seek God in finding out what your role might be in the camp matters giving campaign.
Commit to join us in praying that God would bless each contribution for the renovation and equipping of Lakeview so that countless people will hear the gospel, have transformed hearts, and change the world.
SPREAD THE WORD. Talk about why camp matters with your family, friends, neighbors, coworkers, and church body. Bring people out to tour the grounds. Share our web address. Help us get the word out about the exciting changes taking place at Lakeview Camp and Retreat Center!
"Come with me by yourselves to a quiet place and get some rest." - Mark 6:31